Friday, April 16, 2010

The Daily cop-out

Yes, I'm going to do it again and just linking up the stories I did today for CBC.ca and The Canadian Press.

Here's my CBC story about Alexander Ovechkin messing the bed in Game 1 against the Canadiens. And here's my story for CP on the continuing maturity of Jaroslav Halak.

Just one point of interest from today at Capitals and Habs practice, I was very intrigued to see how Washington handled the storm from the media. Especially Ovechkin. He really appeared to realize it was just one game and that doesn't mean he's a playoff bust, or he's injured, or he has the plague. His teammates almost all spoke the same way, and as you'll see in my CBC story Bruce Boudreau was the most composed.

But at the same time, the Canadiens know they won the game in spite of the fact they were utter garbage for the first period of that game. Boudreau estimated the Caps were ahead in scoring chances 10-1 after 20 minutes. If the Habs upgrade that first period even to mediocre, then we could have something here.

Be back tomorrow, but I'm on Twitter a lot more often so if you are one of the few who have resisted the urge to join, you can click on the link to the right to at least see what I'm saying.

2 comments:

Olivier said...

I'm far, far more liberal, I had them at 17-1 in the first, 9-0 at even strength. I suspect NHL coaches don't count missed shots as scoring chances as I do.

I also had the habs at 12-3 in the second frame at ES. Then, the play tightened up; 5-2 and 5-3 for the caps in the last two frames at ES.

Not bad. Not bad at all. Curious to see how they deal with Ovechkin if he wakes up. Maybe he is hurt?

NYG24 said...

All the teams upset in game one came back to win and even the series last night.

btw- i see bettman has different rules for crosby than for lapierre and others when clearly crosschecking someone in the back into the boards and to the ice!