Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Return of the Breezer

Just a quick update before I take off from Brossard, but Patrice Brisebois will be in the lineup for Game 1 in the place of Yannick Weber.

Up until now, Weber had been skating with Mathieu Schneider at practice all week, but I suspect the plan all along was to play Brisebois. It's a pretty wise move to let Weber absorb the intensity of the playoffs from the press box Thursday, and there's nothing saying he couldn't be used Saturday night in Game 2.

That's it for now, but you can read my blog hit from for CBC.ca at this link throughout the series. My name's not on it, but it's obviously the blog dealing with the Habs-Bruins series. I'll be posting for CBC.ca once on off days and twice on game days, but I'll also be posting different stuff over here at The Daily-Hab-it.

See you in Beantown!

2 comments:

Kyle Roussel said...

I understand giving experience the nod over youth, but geez...Brisebois really can't keep up anymore. He shies away from any and all contact and gives the puck up way too easily.

He's on an extremely short leash if I'm Bob Gainey. Be stable in game 1, or you're out.

Andy J Smith illustration said...

pretty nice gig! have fun with it--and if you ever need illustrations to punch up your column...